The British Council through the Scotland SGSAH is pleased to announce the commencement of application for the British Council Scotland SGSAH Earth Scholarships 2024 for international research collaborations between Ph.D. and Early Career Researchers and Scottish Institutions.
The programme is aimed at promoting the role and interventions of the environmental arts and humanities, and the arts and cultural sector in addressing the climate emergency, and their capacity for interdisciplinary research within Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts, and Mathematics (STEAM).
British Council Scotland SGSAH Earth Scholarships 2024 Summary
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): British Council
- Scholarship Type: Full Funding
- Host Institution(s): Scottish Graduate School for Arts & Humanities
- Scholarship Worth: Varies
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: Postgraduate
- Nationality: All Nationalities
2024 British Council Scotland SGSAH Earth Scholarships Details
The scholarship will create research opportunities and international mobility which will develop and support new approaches to address the global challenge of climate crisis and support sustainable research and cultural interchanges within and beyond the arts, humanities, and cultural sectors.
The programme will provide scholarships for Ph.D. and Early Career Researchers based outside the UK to come to Scotland to undertake in-person and hybrid exchanges for up to 3 months in 2024, in the area of environmental arts and humanities.
The research placements will include an in-person 2-week cohort-building core leadership programme where all recipients will come together alongside Scotland-based scholars to network and collaborate in April 2024, supported by a set of thematically and geographically oriented Clusters.
To be eligible for the British Council Scotland SGSAH Earth Scholarships 2024, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be a PhD and early career researchers registered or graduated from a non-UK university who are working with the environmental arts and humanities to come to Scotland to work with an academic mentor and access networks and resources of a host higher education institute.
- Must demonstrate excellent academic and research abilities.
- Early career researchers must be within 1 year of notification of the award of their Ph.D
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the British Council SGSAH Earth Scholarship are to complete an online application through the SGSAH’s online system. Applicants are to submit the following documents:
- A full research proposal; and details of how you will benefit from Cluster membership, cohort-building, training, and development activities.
- A budget and justification of resources.
- A CV (up to 4pp).
- A letter of support from your PhD supervisor (up to 2pp).
- A letter of support from the proposed Host Institution (Head of Department or equivalent) (up to 2pp)
Application Deadline: The application deadline is Wednesday 1st November.
Visit the Official Website for Further Details