Denmark Government scholarships are open to international students for the 2023 academic year. These scholarships are available across different Danish universities which are partially or fully-funded by the Government.
Most of these scholarships are available without IELTS to international students who are influent in English language and these scholarships are available for various courses and degrees. The Government awards a variety of scholarships to international students to study various kinds of programs ranging from vocational trainings, degree programs, masters programs to higher education. The scholarships cover all the tuition fees of awardees and all awardees are eligible to receive grants per month to cover their living expenses.
The host institution(s) for the Denmark giovernment scholarships are:
- Various universities
- Various vocational training institutions
The Level(s)/Fields(s) of study are:
- Vocational training
- Bachelors programs
- Masters programs
- PhD programs
Denmark Government scholarships value includes:
- Full or partial tution fees depending of student’s academic perfomance
- Funds for reading materials, experiments and other academic materials
- Monthly stipends for to cover living expenses, accommodation and medical insurance
- All non-EU/EEA or Switzerland students are eligible to study a full degree on scholarship
- Applicant should have a temporal residence permit in Denmark
- Applicants with excellent academic records will be considered first
- The period of applicant’s program of study should be at least two years
- Non-native English speaking applicants are required to provide English language proficiency proof, examples of accepted tests are: TOEFL, CAE, TOEFL iBT, CPE, PTE, etc.
Denmark provides scholarships for international students pursing programs in some selected Universites, to win this scholarship, You have to complete the scholarship form online at your chosen University. The Universities are listed below.
1. University College of Northern Denmark.
University College of Northern Denmark awards scholarships to students from developing countries and non EU/EEA students. The scholarships are limited in number and all programs are taught in English. You must note that these scholarships are mostly partially funded but in some cases, students receive stipends to cover living expenses.
2. IT University of Copenhagen
The IT University of Copenhagen offers MSc scholarships to highly knowleagable students who will contribute to the University academically. The University normally provides 3 to 4 scholarships annually.
3. University of Southern Denmark.
The University of Southern Denmark accepts foreign students to study in the University on scholarships, the most popular scholarship being the Talent Master Fellowship Scholarship which favours IT students. So if you are an IT student you can take advantage of this scholarship.
4. Technical Unversity of Denmark.
- Unlocking Your Academic Potential: United Nations University Postgraduate Scholarship 2024/2025
- Empower Your Future: The Mastercard Foundation Scholarship at the University of Toronto 2024
- Cambridge International Scholarships 2024: Fully Funded Opportunity at University of Cambridge
The Technical Unversity of Denmark is a research deriven University which focuses more on research. It is known for it’s high level of research potential and it produces graduates with higher potential. All students who gain admission into the University will be granted tution fee waiver regardless of the program of study.
5. Copenhagen Business School.
The Copenhagen Business School through a selection criteria awards scholarships to deserving students to study a 2-year Master’s degree or a 3-year Bachelor’s degree in business, Economics or Modern Languages.
6. Aarhus University.
The Aarhus University scholarships scheme’s aim is to provide support for students who are interested in postdoctoctoral research on important topics of interest.The University is one of the most comprehensive Univeristies in Denmark that provides students with the needed support to excel in their academic work.
7. Roskilde University.
Roskilde University has tuition fee waivers for international students whilst students will receive monthly stipend to cover living expenses.
8. Aalborg University
Aalborg University awards scholarships to students pursuing a Ph.D degree in Material Sciences. The scholarship covers tuition and also monthly stipend. One important requirement for applicants is to have a strong background in any relevant fields such as Chemistry, Material sciences, Glass Science, Ceramic Science and Chemical Reactions.
Deadline: The deadline for these scholarships varies with each uinversity, so applicants should first check with their chosen University.